Dit is een vacature van Global Workplace Solutions. Meer weten over onze entiteit binnen de CBRE Group?Lees meer Lees meer Lees meer
SOX Compliance and Assurance Manager
This role sits within the Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) division of CBRE, in the finance team looking after the Netherlands business which has an annual turnover of c. $300m.
This role delivers for our business by providing expertise and capability to help GWS manage our risks effectively and meet our financial control and compliance obligations.
About the role
- Maintain the Risk and Control matrix and keep accurate up-to-date lists of Control Performers.
- Management of the Control Owner assurance process, for Control Owners to achieve the minimum requirements of their SOX roles including any certifications from Control Performers.
- Act as the key liaison between the finance team and the audit teams (internal or external).
- Assist in the SOX process documentation (flowcharts, narratives) of financial controls at all levels.
- Ensure the control environment is sufficient in design and operation to manage identified risks within agreed appetite levels, with plans and associated accountabilities and milestones developed to address unacceptable exposures.
- Support first line assurance work from internal audit, Global SOX assurance team and Controllership, including collecting evidence from finance teams and testing of controls for both design and effectiveness.
- Work with management across the business units and finance teams to agree remediations for control deficiencies identified, and assist Control Owners and Process Owners to get them actioned in a timely manner.
- Provide advice, oversight and challenge to the GWS business units and client teams.
- Provide written/verbal reporting to the finance teams on risk management, controls, assurance and governance.
- Support the wider central finance team and client teams by recommending process improvements which maintain or improve financial control but increase efficiency within the team
- Support the preparation of the statutory financial reporting of assigned country/ies legal entities under local GAAP. This includes Published Accounts, Taxation matters, and other statutory reporting to public bodies. This responsibility includes accuracy and timeliness.
- Be a role model and leader for financial control: offer insight and training to the wider-business as opportunities arise
What do you bring to CBRE?
- Qualification: CPA, ACA or ACCA or equivalent fully qualified accountant
- Experience of working with internal controls (mandatory) (which is likely to include experience in working in external / internal audit)
- Experience of working with SOX controls (mandatory)
- Demonstrable aptitude for business process improvement (mandatory)
- Experience of internal control design (mandatory)
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills
- Accurate and flexible
- Experience from 'Big 4' office and experience in working in an international company
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
- Location: "The Core" (HQ), CBRE GWS in Amsterdam.
What we can offer you
- Salary €4.600 - €6.200 on a monthly basis (based on level of experience)
- Laptop and iPhone and additional WFH compensation
- Fixed pension scheme and optional collective health and home insurance policies
- 8.33% Holiday allowance, 25 fixed days of leave, up to 10 days of leave to be purchased and 2 bonus days of leave if you are not sick for 1 year
- Development opportunities through the GWS Academy or external trainers.
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”