Dit is een vacature van Global Workplace Solutions. Meer weten over onze entiteit binnen de CBRE Group?Lees meer Lees meer Lees meer
About the role
As a Financial Controller at CBRE GWS, you are part of the Netherlands Financial Controller-ship function. Within the team you are the right hand of the Accounting & Reporting Manager. You are an expert in the field of finance and accounting and focus on the annual accounts, financial reports, internal control framework, and control measures.
You support in assuring compliance with all financial laws and regulations and you are jointly responsible for managing the various Audits, Tax and internal control (SOX) processes. You also act as a sparring partner for the various Business Controllers and management. It's a challenging position in an international organization with sufficient career opportunities.
Your direct duties and responsibilities include supporting the Accounting & Reporting Manager on the following topics:
- Preparation of the Annual Statutory Financial Statements and accompanying notes;
- Overseeing the internal and external audits and the implementation of audit recommendations;
- Acting as first point of contact for research and resolution of complex accounting issues;
- Resolution of VAT and Companies Tax issues in collaboration with our external tax consultants; including managing the implementation of new VAT and Payroll tax control processes;
- Ensuring that the business complies with Group policies and Financial Control best practices;
- Managing the Internal Control Framework and SOX Compliance (in alignment with the Central SOX team in the UK);
- Assessing the prudence used in accounting for Balance Sheet positions (UBR, UER, Overdue debt);
- Developing and implementing an improved fixed asset register;
- Developing and implementing a monthly financial reporting pack in alignment with regional reporting requirements;
- Financial Control and streamlining of monthly reporting processes;
- Review monthly Payroll calculations and payments;
- Challenging Business Controllers in their application of Accounting principles (Revenue recognition);
- Implementing effective process review and simplification with the aim of reducing the monthly reporting timetable;
- Contributing your knowledge and experience of corporate finance functions to the process of professionalizing recently implemented Finance processes.
What can you offer to CBRE?
• You are a registered Chartered Accountant/Register Accountant (or comparable qualification) (Big 4 experience is an advantage);
• You can demonstrate relevant working experience (min. 3 years)
• Knowledge and experience with VAT, tax laws, and regulations;
• Knowledge of working according to US GAAP / NL GAAP / SOX is an advantage.
• You are proficient with complex Excel functionality;
• Affinity with automation and innovative tools, such as Power BI;
• Experience with Dynamics is an advantage;
• You fit well in an international organization and you have ambition to further develop and grow;
• Proficient in English.
What we offer you!
A competitive salary of up to €65k gross per year including 8.33% holiday allowance. In addition to competitive earnings, you receive a generous pension scheme contribution and collective health care insurance. You also receive 25 vacation days per year with the option of buying an additional 10 days (per calendar year with full-time employment). Since you will be traveling between the various customers and the head office, an optional lease car is part of this function.
We also believe it is important that you continue to develop and there are many career opportunities within CBRE. We give you the space and the opportunity to, for example, obtain additional certificates, follow a course or training or exchange a day of knowledge and experience at a trade fair.