Dit is een vacature van Global Workplace Solutions. Meer weten over onze entiteit binnen de CBRE Group?Lees meer Lees meer Lees meer
In this role you will work on our client datacenter located at Middenmeer. As BMS Engineer you are part of the onsite team and will provide technical and application support to the CBRE CE team across the datacenter.
Your key areas of responsibilities are as follows:
- Technical Support of the operation, maintenance and repair of all BMS related critical environment systems while maintaining 100% uptime to all related critical systems
- Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the Data Centre domain
- Follow up and close out on all BMS issues raised by the CE Team through daily shift reports and CMMS open WO’s.
- Maintain all BMS controls and equipment at optimal operational level including calibration of all sensors.
- Develop and keep up to date all site mechanical and controls and BMS related procedures including EOPs, SOPs, MOPs, DRILLS and APs. All documentation should be consistent with current client standards.
- Generation of periodic technical reports detailing the activities and issues relevant to the Data Centre domain
- Drive site wide energy efficiency and maintain targeted site PUE
- Liaise closely with the client Mechanical Engineers and Instrumentation Engineers with regard to day-to-day issues & improvements/solutions to the operation of the BMS/HVAC plant.
- Report health and safety breaches through the ‘HAZARD’ process
- Ensure the professional image of CBRE is always presented to clients and visitors.
- Undertake other tasks as defined and requested by local management.
- Develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE staff and the Client representatives.
- This role also includes assisting the CE Day team if required to provide additional support within Critical Environment operations.
What can you offer to CBRE?
Our new colleague is a organized, able to effectively prioritize and deliver within a dynamic and high pressure, business critical environments. He/ she has experience with the installation/ commissioning/ maintaining of facility Building Management & Control Systems. He/ She has a electrical/ mechanical technician level with strong HVAC bias in a critical environment. Also must be willing to be flexible in their working patterns, especially in the delivery of BMS related projects on time or to support requirements dictated by the rhythm of the business.
- An excellent understanding and experience of the mechanical and control systems used in a critical environment, including: Generators, Fuel Systems, Air Handling Units, Variable Frequency Drives (VSDs), Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems (pre-action sprinklers).
- An ability to read & interpret complex automatic control logic & systems, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), BMS, and their integration within a critical environment.
- An ability to do complex fault finding in Control Automation Logic & be able to understand how environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, pressure) can affect operational control.
- An ability to read & interpret electrical control wiring diagrams for Motor Control Centres (MCCs), including relay logic.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client and with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on the data centre systems.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit monthly and annual reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity, environmental conditions etc.).
- Strong and committed team player with excellent communication and coaching skills. Previous experience of supervising highly qualified Technicians and reporting to peers and senior managers.
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours to resolve technical issues in a 24/7 industry.
In addition, we would also like to see an electrical or Mechanical qualification to trade or degree standard and an understanding of what a Data Centre environment is and the working restrictions applicable to such environments. He/ she excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client and with contractors. And also has:
- High software skills – MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent motivational and influencing skills, with high levels of personal integrity. The ability to learn quickly and to gain maximum benefit from extensive training and development programs aimed at ensuring that any identified knowledge or experience deficiencies are addressed in the short term.
- Must have a high level of energy, be self- starters, confident and stable in manner. Self-motivated, with ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure, with changing, and often conflicting, priorities to meet deadlines.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Incentive scheme, company car (or car allowance), laptop & iPhone.
- Fixed pension scheme and optional collective health insurance policies.
- 8.33% Holiday allowance, 25 fixed days of leave, up to 10 days of leave to be purchased and 2 bonus days of leave when not sick for 1 year.
- Development opportunities through the GWS Academy or external trainers.
Global Workplace Solutions
Elise van der Kallen staat je graag te woord