This is a vacancy of Global Investors. Want to know more about our entity within the CBRE Group?Read more Read more Read more
Operational Risk Officer
About the role and department
Are you ready for the next challenge and do you want to join our Risk Management department? We offer an international working environment with driven colleagues and the opportunity to work on a wide range of risk management topics. Are you able to thoroughly understand complex issues and able to identify and summarize the most important risks for senior management? Do you get energy from training and guiding employees in the business? Then please read on.
You will work in the Operational Risk Management EMEA department. This department is responsible for coordinating risk management for both the corporate side and real estate investments. In this 'second line of defense' function you will work together with other risk management departments, such as Legal, Tax, Insurance Risk and Compliance. You will also have a lot of contact with business teams in different countries. This is a head office function where you will be supporting countries within EMEA and visiting them periodically for training and monitoring. The department also coordinates the preparation of integrated risk reports and the Risk Management Committee.
- Act as an EMEA point of contact for risk management topics
- Advising and challenging senior management
- Assisting first-line employees in performing risk management tasks
- Collecting and reporting on operational risks to management and supervisors
- Maintaining risk management policies
- Monitoring the effectiveness of relevant policies
- Managing the EMEA risk & control framework
- Coordinate the service provider due diligence and incident management process
- Perform service provider due diligence on major providers
- Preparation of ISAE reporting and supervision of external auditor during testing
- Coordinate communication with external depositary banks
- Identify operational risks and estimate the size
- Preparing and performing periodic risk assessments
- Participate on an ad hoc basis in projects in the field of organizational change
What do you have to offer us?
- Bachelor+ / Master and 3+ years of relevant work experience in the field of Operational Risk Management/ Audit
- Good understanding of Risk Management frameworks and control frameworks such as COSO and Cobit
- Critical and hands-on mentality
- Excellent communication skills
- Additional training in CPA / CISA / CIA, experience with GRC tooling and experience in an international (investment management) setting is a plus
- Fluency in English is required for this role, Dutch would be an advantage
About CBRE Global InvestorsAs one of the world’s leading real asset investment managers, we offer our more than 500 institutional clients across the globe access to our broad and deep platform to support their investments in real estate and infrastructure in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. Our expertise ranges across investment solutions including equity and debt, direct and indirect, and listed and unlisted strategies. With a footprint of 32 offices in 22 countries, we can provide in-depth local market intelligence, proprietary research and active management to execute strategies many sectors and across the risk/return spectrum. We have a team of more than 700 professionals who are committed to delivering world-class investment results and exceptional client service. All our work is guided by a corporate culture that puts clients’ success at the core of what we do. We are part of the CBRE Group, the world’s largest, full-service commercial real estate services firm. This enables us to give our clients a significant competitive edge as we can harness its research, market intelligence, investment sourcing, financing, leasing and property management.
How to apply?